A realm of “spiritual darkness” that contains The Nazul, the force of destruction in Mazranite theology. It is the dark counterpart to the realm of “spiritual light”, known as Bethaizu and orbits that plane closely as they travel through the Astral Plane.
The landscape of Bethnaizu is as varied as the landscape on any other plane. Towering mountains exist surrounded by vast oceans with pockets of lush forests and innumerable wastelands. The landscape seems to move about on a substance known as colloquially as “Flotsam”, as if the entire plane was a sphere covered in an oil on which the worlds cannot grab hold. The only constant is the darkness—deep, unending, and impenetrable.
The Nazul itself resides in the core of the plane. From here it creates and sends out his Daeva to corrupt and to trouble humankind.
The planar traits of Bethnaizu are:
- Divinely and Highly Morphic: Deities with domains in the Abyss can alter the plane at will, Other aspects of the plane, especially the landscape, change erratically, making direction-giving and mapping impossible.
- Heavy Gravity: The gravity on Bethnaizu is oppressive.
- Strongly Chaos-Aligned and Strongly Evil-Aligned
- Enhanced Magic: Spells and spell-like abilities with the chaotic or evil descriptor are enhanced.
- Impeded Magic: Spells and spell-like abilities with the lawful or good descriptor are impeded.